9 facts about Harlequin Books I bet you don’t know
I didn’t know most of these!!! Harlequin books have been around forever (almost ) and has been my publisher for nearly that long. I know how far reaching and amazing the Harlequin books & team are so these are not a huge surprise… but interesting!! 🙂
- Harlequin publishes more than 110 titles each month in the USA!
- Last year Harlequin sold approximately 3 books per second worldwide.
- Over 1,300 authors from around the world are currently published by Harlequin.
- Harlequin books are sold in 102 international markets in 34 languages.
- In total, Harlequin has shipped more than 6.47 billion books around the world.
- Harlequin contracts more than four original works of fiction EVERYDAY. (So if you dream of writing for Harlequin, send in your book! )
- Harlequin began releasing ebooks over 10 years ago (in October 2005) and has published over 27,000 ebooks to date, in 16 languages.
- Harlequin was the first major publisher to make ALL their new releases available in ebook format when published.
- More than one-third of American women have read a Harlequin book at some point in their lives.
I love writing romances and Harlequin has always been the leader in the publishing world for this. I’ll never get tired of reading, and thankfully there’s always a book on hand.